Sunday, October 29, 2017

Kesar Chai/Saffron Milk Tea



I came across of kesar chai or saffron milk tea in the net. Since, i have stock of saffron i bought during my Jaipur vacation i decided to make this exotic tea. Jaipur saffron are known for their best quality and i used tea leaves that i bought from my Munnar, Kerala vacation. As everyone knows Munnar are famous for their tea. Two best ingredients into one recipe creates a flavorful hard to resist tea.

I'm a person who enjoy my afternoon tea and always look out for new way to spice up my tea. I'm really happy to discover this luxurious tea as saffron is a most expensive spice in the world and rich with vitamins and minerals. Love the rich and deep colur of the tea.



Ingredients

1 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp tea leaves
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
8-10 saffron strands (soaked in 1 tbsp milk)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 inch cinnamon stick


Methods

In a pot, add cinnamon stick and water. Boil the water and add tea leave and cardamom powder

Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add milk and soaked saffron strands.

Increase heat and boil the mixture for 30 seconds. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.

Using a strainer, strain the tea into a serving mug

Serve hot 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gulkand Chai

  I bought a jar of well known brand of Gulkand or rose jam to give it a try by adding into Dandelions milk for breakfast. Traditional prepa...