Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Apple Nachos

 

Due to the pandemic, Dandelions schools are closed for months and started with virtual online classes. By end of the classes both the girls will be worn out and looking for snacks. As a mother, I don't want them do munch on junk foods which is not to be found in my household instead, I prepared a simple and refreshing munchies. Apple nachos as it's sounds has the elements of nachos with the crispiness of the apples, drizzling of sweet caramel sauce and sprinkling of nuts and chocolate chips. Assorted flavors on each bite and amazing texture of crunch and velvety sauce. 

Choosing a crisp apples for nachos are very important for the texture.  I prefer Granny Smith and Fuji red apples. You may use store bought caramel sauce or in my case,  I used my homemade caramel. Choose your favorite nuts or assorted nuts to build the flavor. The girls polished off the whole plate and I'm a satisfied mom 😁.

Ingredients 

2 Granny Smith apples

2 Fuji red apples

1/4 cup caramel sauce

1 tsp salt

Handful roasted and chopped walnuts/almonds/hazelnuts

Handful semi sweet chocolate chips

Methods

Filled water in a large bowl and stir in the salt. Keep aside.

Washed, cored,sliced the apples and add into the prepared salt water. 

Arrange the apple slices on a large plate. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with chopped nuts and chocolate chips.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gulkand Chai

  I bought a jar of well known brand of Gulkand or rose jam to give it a try by adding into Dandelions milk for breakfast. Traditional prepa...