Sunday, September 5, 2021

Andhra Fish Fry

 

This is on of the recepi i learnt from my late paternal grandma. This humble fish fry is my childhood memories well spent in my paternal grandparents house during my school holiday. I remember asking her tons of question as a curious child everytime she's busy cooking. One of those are why adding ghee to the masala and she replied this is what she has been taught my her late mother in law. The point is here is to add rich and unique flavor to the fish fry.

As for me, the ghee brings all the masala together and adds a beautiful aroma to the fish. I call it Andhra fish fry as my paternal grandla hailed from Andhra Pradesh and this is how his mom fry fish for the family. I love how the masala coated well the fish which rendered a tantalizing flavor. Serve hot with white rice and fish gravy.

Ingredients

500g fish vanjaram blocks,wash and cleaned

6 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp turmeric powder

2 tbsp Kashmiri chilly powder

1 tbsp chilly powder

1 1/2 tsp garam masala 

1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste

Pinch of cardamom powder

1 tbsp ghee

Salt to taste

Oil for frying

Methods

In a large bowl, add turmeric powder,chilly powder,Kashmiri chilly powder,ginger garlic paste,salt,lemon juic, ghee,cardamom powder and garam masala. Mix well to a paste.

Add the fish and gently coat with the masala. Cover and marinate for 30-40 minutes.

Heat tawa or girdle pan, add oil and pan fry on both sides till golden and fish are done.

Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gulkand Chai

  I bought a jar of well known brand of Gulkand or rose jam to give it a try by adding into Dandelions milk for breakfast. Traditional prepa...