Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Crispy Ghee Roast

 


Who could ever resist ghee dripping nei or clarified butter dosa. Ghee aka clarified butter dosa are favourite for many including my both Dandelions. Nevertheless, to say if the ghee are homemade. Yes,  I made my own ghee at home and always have a batch ready in my pantry.  The fragrance and taste of homemade ghee in the nei dosa or topsail are simply divine. Making ghee thosai with homemade ghee is an amazing experience as you will indulge in the sweet aroma of the ghee even while swirling your dosa on tawa. 

I love the crispy and golden color of my ghee dosa. Thanks to the fenugreek seeds added to the batter and to my mom for the tips.  A little tips that goes a long way to yield a beautiful dosa for our Sunday morning breakfast. Some will use oil to drizzle the edges of the dosa for cooking but, I wanted to bring out the ghee flavor in my disability and opted to drizzle with ghee instead which is the best choice. Serve with piping hot cup of coffee to enjoy the best of weekend breakfast. I served with cardamom filter coffee. 

Ingredients 

1 cup par boiled rice
1/4 cup urad dhal
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
Salt taste

Methods

For The Dosa Batter

Soak all the ingredients except salt for atleast 4 hours or overnight.

Grind the soaked ingredients with little water. The batter should not be too thin or too thick.

Pour the batter into a large pot or vessel and add salt. Mix well. Let  the batter ferment overnight. 

Prepare Dosa

Heat dosa tawa and drizzle with little oil. Take a ladleful of dosa batter and spread into a circle.

Sprinkle little ghee along the edges of the dosa.

Cook till the dosa turns golden and crispy.


Fold and serve hot with piping cup of filter coffee.

Notes

  • For fermentation pour the batter into a deep large vessel, to avoid overflowing of batter during fermentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gulkand Chai

  I bought a jar of well known brand of Gulkand or rose jam to give it a try by adding into Dandelions milk for breakfast. Traditional prepa...