Monday, July 6, 2020

Banana Ragi/Finger Millet Adai



If you are following my blog, u'll noticed i used millets very often in my dishes. Millets are rich in nutrients and minerals and provide wholesome goodness. I try to slip in millets in our diet every now and then and always come up with something new to dish out. I learnt making ragi adai from my mother. It's my paternal aunt's favourite dish and she always request mom to make it for her. While i'm blogging the recepi it reminds me how much my atte's love for ragi adai and i'm sure she'll reading my blog 😁. Hi atte if u r reading this, i'm delighted 😘.

From the basic ragi adai recepi learnt from my mom, i made some modification for variation by adding mashed banana. My girls are not a fan of ragi adai but, they love this variation of mine..it tastes similar to banana pancake Indian version and definitely much healtier.

Ingredients

1 cup ragi/finger millet flour
1/3 cup jaggery
1/3 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup grated coconut
3 tbsp water
Pinch of cardamom powder
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp ghee

Methods

In a bowl, add ragi flour,cardamom powder and salt. Whisk to combine.

In a sauce pan, add 3 tbsp water and jaggery. Cook till jaggery completely dissolved. Let it cool and strain using a strainer. Discard impurities.

Add the jaggery syrup,mashed banana and grated coconut to the flour mixture. Mix well.

Heat a frying pan or tawa on medium heat and greased with ghee.

Grease a back of plate or banana leaf with ghee and pinch a lemon sized of the dough.

Flatten the dough with your hand to a 1/4 diameter thick.

Place the dough onto a pan and cook both sides by drizzling wid little ghee till the adai are cooked or turns dark brown.

Remove from pan and repeat the process with remaining dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gulkand Chai

  I bought a jar of well known brand of Gulkand or rose jam to give it a try by adding into Dandelions milk for breakfast. Traditional prepa...