Monday, July 12, 2021

Salted Fish And Mango Pounded Sambal

 

My mango trees are bountiful with juicy fruits and some fruits remained after squirrels and birds feastinfg their meal. I plucked some to consume as it is and for using in my cooking as well. That's how i came up by adding the mango to my simple salted fish dish.

It's easy and simple recepi which can be prepared in a jiffy. This sambal that's what we Malaysian call it requires very minimal ingredients that found in the pantry.

Maldives fish are none other than salted dried tuna. If you can't find Maldives fish, please feel free to use any type of salted fish. I used Maldives fish as i want to finish my stock of salted fish before getting my new batch of orders. Goes very well with hot steamed white rice.

Ingredients

1 unriped mango, peeled and sliced

2 tbsp salted Maldives fish flakes

1 tsp lemon juice

1 red onion,sliced

5 bird eye chillies

Pinch of palm sugar

Salt to season

2 tbsp vegetable oil

Methods

In a pan, heat oil and saute the onion for 30 seconds. Add the chillies and saute for another 30 seconds.

Add the salted fish flakes and saute for another 1 minute.

Pound the sauteed ingredients with sliced mango.

Season with salt,lemon juice and palm sugar. Pound to combine. The texture shall resemble coarsely pound.

Serve.

Notes

  • Do taste checking before adding salt as, salted fish are already salty enough. As for me, the Maldives fish are not too salty and my sambal do require some salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gulkand Chai

  I bought a jar of well known brand of Gulkand or rose jam to give it a try by adding into Dandelions milk for breakfast. Traditional prepa...